Thursday, November 5, 2009

Catering to Nobody


So far i have loved Catering to Nobody! In fact I am almost done with it and it has only been a week. What attracts me to the story so much is that it is about the food industry. I love to cook and I work in a bakery so I could sort of relate to the catering company and I understood what its like to be part of the food industry. Catering to Nobody however is not just about cooking, actually it is a combination of that and a murder mystery. However, it is a light read for the most part with nothing too graphic or deep mentioned. In the story, Goldy is preparing a meal for forty mourners when suddenly her ex father in law begins to feel sick and ends u dying. Everyone begins to point fingers at Goldy, but was it all a set up?
The main character just like in Club Dead is a very independent woman. Her name is Goldy and she is a single mother in a small town where rumors spread around fast and it is hard for her to live alone. Yet, she does a great job of raising her son Arch, while dealing with her ex husbands rude remarks and all the Gossip flying around her town. One aspect of the novel i really enjoyed was the fact that they included recipes along the way. It made it a very light and easy to read book and I can even try some of the recipes myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment