Sunday, December 13, 2009
The Running Man
The running man is not my favorite book that i have read so far. First off it is very confusing and to me the characters are not that well developed. The running man is really Richard, desperate for money to help his sick child. So what should he do, join a new game show where he has to run for his life to avoid everyone around him who wants to kill him. The problem i had was that the story was very choppy. It is told in minutes until the book ends which confused me greatly. Also, Richard's character does not really make sense to me. He was supposed to be this poor broke father who does not know what to do with his life, and then he becomes in a matter of days this brilliant and ruthless prey. I think the way his character developed was fake and unrealistic and it just made the whole plot seem really fake and unrealistic. I could not relate to the any of the characters at all and ultimately it was a disappointment. I would recommend it for an older audience and possibly when in a few years I will try it again and see if i understand it more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment