Friday, June 4, 2010

End of Perks of being A Wallflower!

I am almost done re reading this book and It has been great. I mean Holden and Charlie are similar in so many ways and it fascinates me, from their crushes to their families. Yet, the most interesting way to me is how they develop from boys to men. After being sort of let down and taken advantage of by their heros, the boys are able to really find themselves. Holden takes a terrible fall but then realizes the mistakes of his phony ways. And Charlie is able to remember the abuse he encountered when he was small and grow from it and accept it and finally get over it. I would recommend this book to anyone! It is fantastic i read it for the first time in 6th grade and I have loved it ever since. It reminds me of myself in some ways and it helped me to better see the whole world around me. Best of all it gives teenagers the hope they need to get through these rough times:)

No comments:

Post a Comment