Friday, January 15, 2010

The Time Travlers Wife The beginning

This book is amazing!! Actually it is probably one of the best books I have ever read. The time Traveler's wife is the love story of Clare and Henry, a pair of star crossed lovers that aren't your typical romeo and Juliet. Their love is strong but Henry unwillingly travels through time at random moments, sometimes years when his wife cannot see him. She must raise a family and fight temptations all with his absence. I feel like the inspiration of this story was from Shakespeare and Romeo and Juliet because it is about two loves who just were not destined to be together but fought fate. And their love was strong enough to defeat fate and hold on. However there are some differences between the two. Romeo and Juliet have the mental obstacles of their parents feud while Clare and Henry are often physically separated. I am not quite done with this novel but I am so excited to read about the end of the story. I want to see if fate defeats true love, if Henry and Clare are meant to be together of if just like in Romeo and Juliet, a tragedy awaits. Will Gomez ever fulfill his dream of being with Clare? Questions i want to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment