Friday, February 5, 2010
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban--The middle
The exciting part of reading Harry Potter is that you always pick up on some new detail every time you read it. I am half way through the book after this week and it is almost as if I have never read it before. I am up to the part where Professor Lupin is teaching the students about different mythical creatures in Defense against the dark arts class. He brings out a creature that brings our one's biggest fears and presents it right in front of them and they must conquer it. Concerned about what Harry's biggest fear was he jumps in front of him and his own fear emerges, a full moon? Why a full moon? I did not pick up on this until the second time I read the book but its foreshadowing that Lupin is a ware-wolf. As is professor Snape's untimely assignment of werewolves. So the action is the book is just heating up and one of the other impressing aspects of Harry Potter is that it always keeps you interested. There is never a boring part. I am excited to keep reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment